A man in his 50s was pronounced dead at the scene of a house fire in Fermoy at the start of the week.
Gardaí and Fire Services in the town were alerted to the incident shortly before 10.20am on Monday morning. It is understood that neighbours had alerted emergency services and reported smoke coming from the house located at Liam MacGearailt Place on the Duntaheen Road.
Locals in the area were reportedly ‘shocked’ and ‘saddened’ to hear of the tragic passing of the man …
Full story in this week’s Print & Digital Edition