Fire brigade personnel at the scene of the fire in Glanworth.

An online fundraiser has been set up to help a Glanworth family get back on their feet after a devastating fire broke out in their home last week.

Speaking with The Avondhu, Nicole Noonan described the events of Wednesday last (May 26) when the house where her mother and brother live, went up in flames.

A neighbour raised the alarm at around 11.45am that day, contacting Nicole’s mother, Michelle. Michelle and Nicole’s 15-year-old brother were not home at the time, so Michelle then contacted Nicole who lives nearby.

“Mam rang me because I was the closest at the time, my brother had just left an hour before so I went straight down.

Full story in this week’s Print & Digital Edition