Michael Flatley’s mansion at Castlehyde in Fermoy was evacuated in the small hours of Sunday morning due to an electrical unit having gone on fire.

Emergency personnel from Fermoy told The Avondhu that Michael Flatley, his wife and a number of people from his troupe were in the house at around 2am at the time, but they were evacuated.

Some were on their way out out of the house when the fire brigade arrived and there were no injuries.

It is believed that Michael Flatley was staying in the house following his Lord of the Dance Dangerous Games 20th Anniversary Show at Live at the Marquee in Cork, so there were a lot of people in the house at the time.

There is reportedly a fair amount of damage from the fire, which took firefighters from Fermoy and Mitchelstown some time to control who were on site for about five hours in total.