A number of young people were left frightened and in shock last Friday night when what is believed to be either fireworks or a smoke bomb was set off inside the Fermoy Rowing Club venue where a teenage disco was in full flow.
When the incident occurred, the music was stopped and the young people were evacuated from the building through the fire exits out to the assembly point which is in the yard of the old Gaelscoil building.
Once the volunteers and security staff were satisfied that everyone was safely out of the building, the young people were escorted down Waterloo Lane in groups of 50 where they had to opportunity to collect their belongings and wait to be collected by a parent or guardian.
However, one concerned parent, whose 14 year old daughter was at the disco, felt that the situation was not dealt with correctly and could have caused a crush within the venue.
Full story in this week’s Print & Digital Edition