Pioneering Dash Cam manufacturer Nextbase brings further innovation to the sector with the biggest Dash Cam launch ever seen, Nextbase will launch five new models to motorists in the Irish market.
Nextbase, the world’s leading Dash Cam manufacturer, has used its knowledge of the sector to revolutionise its range, which had already received widespread critical acclaim and won numerous awards, cementing the manufacturer’s position at the top of the sector, one of the fastest growing areas of consumer technology.
Nextbase launches Series 2
‘Series 2’ is comprised of five Dash Cams and three modular, plug-in cameras that can record the rear or vehicle cabin.
Ease of use remains a mainstay across the new 122, 222, 322GW, 422GW and 522GW, but each boasts an array of innovative new features.
- Emergency SOS: What’s more, these high-end models (322GW,422GW and 522GW) come with potentially lifesaving technology that can alert the emergency services to a vehicle’s exact location if a serious collision is detected and the driver is unresponsive. Once an incident is detected, the system will follow a series of failsafe protocols, to ensure there are no false callouts, before ringing the owner’s phone. If the driver remains unresponsive, the emergency services will be alerted, and the vehicle’s GPS position uploaded. Nextbase’s Emergency SOS system can be pre-loaded with medical history, such as blood type, and next of kin.
- Amazon Alexa: At the top end of the range, Nextbase has broken new ground with the first Irish Dash Cams with built-in Amazon Alexa. Developed using Amazon’s new Alexa Mobile Accessory Kit, the 422GW and 522GW boast Alexa functionality, allowing drivers to talk directly to their Dash Cam to record and protect files if they witness something of interest on the road, and send them to their smartphone. Alexa’s voice control option also allows motorists to keep their hands on the wheel whilst getting directions, playing music, placing hands-free calls, or controlling smart home devices, amongst many other functions.
- Nextbase Camera Modules: The innovative Nextbase Module System enables you to plug in an extra Nextbase camera module to enhance your Dash Cam range. The Rear-View camera module is designed to record through the rear window to 40 metres beyond the rear of the car from inside the cabin (while not recording the cabin) to capture tailgaters or rear impacts. Alternatively, you can choose the Cabin View Module to record your car’s interior.
- Nextbase Camera Modules: The innovative Nextbase Module System enables you to plug in an extra Nextbase rear camera module to enhance your Dash Cam. There are three different options to choose;
- The Rear Window module is designed to fit on the back window itself and record drivers behind you, ensuring you have evidence if there is a rear impact.
- The Rear View module connects directly into the dash cam and looks back through the car to record vehicles behind you. This can capture tailgaters or rear impacts. Alternatively, you can choose the Cabin View Module which is similar but has a wider 140-degree lens to record inside the car, particularly useful for taxi drivers and private hire vehicles. All three modules are compatible with the 322GW, 422GW and 522GW dash cams.
- New Magnetic Mount: Every product is 35% smaller than its predecessor, making the cameras as unobtrusive as possible, and each features Nextbase’s new Click&Go PROTM mounting system with neodymium magnets, ensuring hassle free use.
- MyNextbase App and Software: Nextbase has also introduced MyNextbase, a new software package that includes an App (MyNextbase Connect), desktop video player (MyNextbase Player) editing suite and free cloud storage at mynextbase.com to securely store user videos.
- Intelligent Parking Mode: A sophisticated Intelligent Parking Mode is also now included in every model, helping owners to keep their cars safe even when unoccupied.
- Autosync with Bluetooth: A significant first for the sector, Nextbase has introduced Bluetooth into its cameras, from the mid-range 322GW upwards. The Autosync feature uses Bluetooth 4.2 and Wi-Fi technology to automatically send video files to the owner’s smartphone. Access to the full high-quality file via Wi-Fi allows the owner to zoom in on number plate detail, while files can be edited and shared using the MyNextbase Connect App. A feat of engineering by Nextbase’s engineering team, this is the first time that this connectivity has been made available to Dash Cam users, making data transfer and sharing to third parties seamless. The 322GW and above also feature an IPS touch screen for clearer image viewing and ease of use.
‘No signs of slowing’
Richard Browning, Director of Nextbase, commented, “With over 3 million Dash Cams now on UK roads, as and the market’s growth shows no signs of slowing, Nextbase’s new range comes at a crucial time. With 80% market share, we have cemented our position at the forefront of the industry but, as a brand that is constantly looking to innovate, we have been working hard to offer the customer a better, slicker and more inclusive product.
“Series 2 is the result, with unbeatable image quality and a range of features that positions Dash Cams as a must-have in-car safety product.
“Ireland has already proven to be a quick adopter of these devices and we see the Series 2 range appeal to savvy consumers and the commercial fleet market who want the best blend of technology, innovation and hardware.
“The principle motivation for owning a Dash Cam is the peace of mind that comes with knowing your trip is being recorded, and the ability to prove liability in the event of an incident.
“Nextbase remains true to this concept with Series 2 but our team of engineers has also worked tirelessly to squeeze a myriad of useful technology into the products, to deliver an easier driving experience and ensure that the new models remain relevant for the foreseeable future.
“Despite all this extra hard work, we are proud to unveil these products without having to change their price points.”
Nextbase’s Series 2 Dash Cam range is available nationwide from May 13, 2019.
These devices will be available at leading retailers.
For full product information please visit: https://www.nextbase.com/.