The Beef Environmental Efficiency Pilot scheme (BEEP) farmers will receive a payment of up to €40/cow-calf pairing for collecting and submitting weight data on cows and calves.
There is certain criteria required for the weighing scheme:
1. All calves being submitted for weighing must have been born between 1 July, 2018 and 30 June, 2019.
2. Unweaned live calf and dam must be weighed on the applicant’s holding, individually and on the same day.
3. Weights must be submitted to the ICBF database within 7 days of the animals being weighed on farm.
4. Only scales registered in accordance with the pilot terms and conditions may be used, which all scales used by FRS are registered.
5. Weights must be submitted between 8 March, 2019 and 1 November, 2019.
Important dates for BEEP include 1. Beef breed animals born between 1 July, 2018 and 30 June, 2019.
2. Applications by farmers to the scheme: 4 February to 22 February, 2019.
3. Submission of weights: 8 March to 1 November, 2019.
4. Payments will be made in December, 2019
Make your weight reporting to ICBF simple with the help of Herdwatch APP. If you do your own weighing in Herdwatch, your weight records will automatically be sent to ICBF which means you will get the benefit of better reporting from ICBF.
Herdwatch is fully approved by ICBF to provide this integration free of charge to our members. FRS, Cahir offer weighing technician service and also has two scales available for hire.
Contact David Kennedy 087-0577229 in FRS Cahir today to book your weighing in.