Fire service rescues turtle from Glanworth house fire

Fermoy Fire Brigade made a very unusual rescue on Saturday night, as a pet ‘turtle was saved from a house fire in Glanworth.

At about 11pm on Saturday last (9th), the brigade were alerted to a fire at a house on the outskirts of Glanworth.

The fire, believed to have begun in the kitchen, saw the residents and dogs being evacuated from the house as members of the brigade set about extinguishing the fire.

Local firefighter, Kurt Wheeler, has been credited with the rescue of the turtle …

Story in this week’s Print & Digital Edition