Thinking of ways to entertain the kids during the Easter holidays can be tricky. Why not try some baking? The kids will have an egg-cellent time as well as learn some new kitchen skills.
safefood has a range of simple baking recipes for the family to try. This delicious carrot cupcakes recipe makes 18 and only takes 20 minutes in the oven.
- 225g / 8oz. of caster sugar
- 225g / 8oz. of grated carrots, raw
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml of vegetable oil
- 250g / 9oz. of white self-raising flour, sieved
- 100g / 3 ½ oz. low-fat cream cheese
- 55g / 2oz. icing sugar
- Zest of one orange
What you will need
- Cheese grater
- Kitchen scales
- Large muffin tray
- Measuring jug (for liquids)
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Line your tray with baking cases.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, grated carrots, eggs and oil together. Fold in flour and mix until combined.
- Divide the mixture between 18 baking cases.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cupcakes have risen and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Place on a wire tray to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and orange zest together.
- Spread over the cooled cupcakes.
All our recipes are nutritionally analysed by our team of experts and you can find more great recipes on the safefood website https://www.safefood.net/recipes