Employees affected by temporary layoff should note the new guidelines set out by The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection.
The Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment has been introduced for anyone whose employer is unable to continue to pay them. The payment is available to all employees and the self-employed who have lost employment due to the pandemic. You will get a payment of €203 per week for up to 6 weeks (as applicable).
Apply Online / Post
It is important to note that you DO NOT NEED to go to your Intreo Centre – any employees affected by temporary layoff can progress an application online, without the need to present in person at their Intreo or social welfare branch offices.
You may apply in the following ways:
1. An application form for the new Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment can be downloaded from our website www.gov.ie/jobseekers and returned to FREEPOST PO BOX 12896, Dublin 1;
2. You can apply for Jobseekers support through our online portal www.MyWelfare.ie, (you will need a Public Services Card); or
3. Phone us on 1890 800 024 or 01 2481398 and we will send you the relevant application form for the new payment.
Once completed, the COVID19 Jobseekers Emergency Payments form can be returned to either: a) The local Intreo Centre Office or the local branch office of the Department in the county town areas; b) Post it to PO BOX 12896, Dublin 1.
A very useful website for the employers https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/612b90-covid-19-information-for-employers/
Employees/self employed can apply online:
– through www.MyWelfare.ie
– download form for all schemes by making a paper application – www.gov.ie/jobseekers or email email@example.com
– phone 19808 00024 or 01 2481398 and you will be sent on the relevant forms.